Datagrid events disappear

olcay_sahin

Datagrid events disappear when i edit web form (aspx) from visual studio.
How can i solve this problem. ( in InitializeComponent )
Thanks ...

beanweed

Yeah, I hate when that happens; you would think they had fixed that by now.

I always write or copy-and-paste event declarations, control initialisers,
etc. into my own method like "Page_Init_Really()" and call that method from
Page_Init. For example

Private Sub InitializeComponent()
End Sub

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
InitializeComponent()
Page_Init_Really()
End Sub

Private Sub Page_Init_Really()
. . . event delegates, initializers, blah blah blah . . .

Works for me.

olcay_sahin

if i can't solve this, i'll try it like your solution. But is there any
other alternative?
is this a bug for VS.

beanweed

I am using the 2002 version of VS. If one lets the IDE build the objects then
there is no problem; that is, if you drag the datagrid from the toolbar onto
the page and then doubleclick it to get the click event handler, all is well.
It's when you create delegates by actually typing the code in the code editor
that VS loses interest. Even if you use exactly the same code! There was
supposed to be something done in VS-2005, but my friend who is using that
version says the problem has come up again.