Datagrid events in UserControl

Marinos Christoforou

I have a user control that contains a datagrid. The grid is populated with
data from an SQL database and also contains a button column with a push
button that when invoked redirects to another page and passes data
pertaining to that row to the new page. The problem is that when I invoke
the push button on the grid, the datagrid's item command event is not fired,
however the page load event for the user control does fire as a result of
the post back How can I invoke the Datagrid's events?

Please note that I have tried using an event handler in the user control's
code-behind file and also tried declaring a handler in a script block, in
both cases without the desired effect.