Datagrid events refuse to fire

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Simon Storr, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Simon Storr

    Simon Storr Guest

    I cannot for the life of me get any of my datagrid's events to fire. The
    grid is within a usercontrol and is static on the page. The grid usercontrol
    is in turn contained within a parent usercontrol. OnInit /
    InitialiseComponent for the control is getting called correctly but none of
    the events will fire :eek:( All other events I set up at the same time will
    fire ok. Here is a debug of the page events as they occur -

    Main:Main_Init <----- the main page
    Main:page_Load
    Main:LoadMainForm
    Main: Added Page Frame
    PageFrame:Init <----- the parent usercontrol
    PageFrame:page_Load
    PageFrame: CreateChildControls
    IndexTab:OnInit - <---- index tab usercontrol - its
    events fire ok!
    IndexTab:page_Load
    SDADataListGrid: OnInit <------- the grid usercontrol
    SDADataListGrid: Added Edit Event <------ event is being added
    but won't fire :eek:(
    SDADataListGrid: Added Sort Event
    SDADataListGrid: Init
    SDADataListGrid: PageLoad
    Main:Main_PreRender
    ..
    ..

    I've tried assigning the events statically and dynamically, in PageLoad,
    PageInit etc. and nothing will work... It works if its a simple page but
    not in a usercontrol.

    help!

    Simon
    Simon Storr, Jul 15, 2003