DataGrid Footer?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Adam Knight, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Adam Knight

    Adam Knight Guest

    Hi all,

    I am using a datagrid footer as a container for some data entry
    controls.
    Above the datagrid is another data entry point which needs to be filled
    out before prior to entering data in
    these controls.

    Q?
    How can i reference the controls in the datagrid footer so as to disable
    them.
    When i do a trace i can see the controls, just not sure how to access
    them using the datagrid api.

    Will I have to use the datagrids onItemDataBound event?

    I would prefer not to in this instance.

    Cheers,
    Adam

    Adam Knight, Sep 6, 2005

  2. Adam,

    A good event for you to handle is PreRender. In the event you have the grid
    already fully built and you can get to the footer as
    myGrid.Columns.FooterText and myGrid.Columns.FooterStyle.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 6, 2005