datagrid footer

Guest

Hi All,
I need to change the "1 2 3 4..." link button page browsing to 2 buttons
which are "<" button and ">" button.

is it possible? any guidelines?

your help will be appreciated.
thank you..

best regards,
Ocurnos

Guest

Hi Phillip,
if i insist to use the button based navigator instead of link button??
any ideas or guideline to do that?
thanks

Guest

Hi Daniel:

The DataGrid supports three types of paging:
1- Default paging with default navigation buttons
2- Default paging with custom navigation controls
3- Custom paging

So your options are:

1- use the Linkbutton, which has the appearance of a Hyperlink control. You
can use cssStyle attribute to change its appearance to look like a button
(e.g. by adding a raised border, removing the underline and adding a
background color)

2- use default paging with custom navigation controls. In which case you
can create your own buttons for navigation and place them in the footer
template. These buttons can be customized to your desire. In this demo I
used ImageButtons that contain my own customized gif:
http://www.societopia.net/samples/DataGrid_3c.aspx
You can place those buttons in the footer template but this entails a lot
more work in handling the events from within the datagrid, so I preferred to
use them separate from the grid but if you wish you can add them to the
footer (as your subject line implied)

3- Turn on AllowCustomPaging="True" and implement your own navigation as
this example from the MSDN is doing:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ghdisplayingdatainlistboxesonwebformspage.asp

Guest

thanks phillip.