Datagrid hangs, html output stops midstream

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by ap, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. ap

    ap Guest

    I have recently deployed an application to a hosting environment.
    It works well locally, but is having an odd issue on the hosting platform.

    I have an editable datagrid.
    The default rendering works.
    When you click edit, you get the edit form correctly.
    However when you click update or cancel, [the updates commit to the database
    correctly], but the actual rendering of the datagrid hangs. There is no
    error code, and the script timeout never occurs.
    the html getting spit out just shows the very beginning of the datagrid
    table

    and nothing else.

    The interestig thing is that this behavior only occurs using Internet
    Explorer [I tried 2 client IE boxes, same behavior ver 6.0+]. The same code,
    renders and functions correctly in both Opera 7.1 & in Mozilla 1.4

    However because the html output is never flushed to the client [for IE], I
    do not believe this is a browser issue.

    Any guidance would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    -Aram
    ap, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Does it always stop at the same spot? Is it possible that IE or a proxy server
    is caching what it "thinks" is a complete version of the page?

    One thing to try is to configure the ASP.NET to set a no-cache header and tell
    IE to get a fresh page each time.

    Just an idea...

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Aug 11, 2003