    I would like to allow editing of data displayed in a datagrid but not the
    adding of new records.

    How do you set it up?

    PaulNaude, Sep 19, 2005

  2. PaulNaude

    Elton Wang Guest

    Hi Paul,

    If it's a web datagrid, it does not add new record automatically. I mean no
    any thing you need to do.

    HTH

    Elton Wang, Sep 19, 2005

  3. PaulNaude

    Brock Allen Guest

    The DataGrid supports inline editing. The URL below is the quickstarts for
    doing this. The other option is to have a different details page (or section
    on the page) for editing individual rows. This approach will be an all manual
    endeavor.

    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/QuickS...rl=/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webdataaccess.aspx

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor