DataGrid: how to have a footer row dynamically sum data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Roger Moore, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Roger Moore

    Roger Moore Guest

    I have a DataGrid that needs to dynamically sum data for each column of data
    into the footer. The number of rows will differ for each person based on the
    projects they are working on at the time - this is a timesheet application.
    So I need to assign a JavaScript function for each textbox as it is created,
    which should not be a big issue. The question is, how do I have the
    JavaScript function know which column to sum. So here is a visual:
    ---
    txtCol1Row1 txtCol2Row1

    txtCol1Row2 txtCol2Row2

    txtFooterCol1 txtFooterCol2
    ---
    How would I dynamically get a JavaScript function assigned to txtCol1Row1
    and txtCol1Row2 to enter the sum of those two textboxes when the onblur
    event is triggered?

    Thank you,
    Roger
    Roger Moore, Jul 7, 2003