Datagrid inside another datagrid

wolfgang wagner

hi all!

im trying to implement an m:n relation in a webapplication(here: the
realtion between hard and software. there may be many computers with
each of them has many installed software). for this i want to do this
with a datagrid inside a datagrid.
can someone tell me another method? or is this the best i can do?
i am also searching for some tutorials describing this method
(especially editing, deleting, layout). the things i found only describe
basic datagrid handling.

thx for your help in advance
wolfgang

Guest

I found these tutorials to be very useful when I first time had to deal with
nested datagrids.

Basically nesting datagrids is quite easy if you have your DataSet with
DataTables and DataRealations set up correctly.

http://www.standardio.org/article.aspx?id=155
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

Ready custom control:
http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/HierarGrid.aspx

Exellent source of links to datagrid articles:
http://www.datagridgirl.com/articles.aspx