Datagrid invisible Label/Textbox does not generate HTML Object?

rockdale

Hi, All:

I have a datagrid with TemplateColumn as following:

<asp:TemplateColumn Visible="False" >
<ItemStyle Width="0px"></ItemStyle>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label id="lblMin_Value" Visible=False runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.min_value") %>'>
</asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

I set Visible = false for this column because I do not want end user
see this column. But
If I check the html source, I did not see any HTML code for this label.
If the Visble is true, on the source code of HTML, I will see <Span id
= blahblah....>. I have a client side javascript to using this label's
value (actually the span's innerText), but the HTML does not have this
<Span object, so I could get the value of this min_value.

I also tried to set Visible =FAlse for <ASP:Label , it is the same.
I tried using <ASP:textbox > it is the same, not HTML object generated.

Does anybody have experience on this before? How should I Invisible an
Label/Textbox in datagrid but generate HTML Object so that JavaScript
can access?

Thanks a lot
-Rockdale

sloan

Add a hidden object.

what you see is what is supposed to be doing.

<input id="hidUserUUID" type="hidden" name="hidUserUUID" runat="server">

something like that.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

rockdale said:
[...]

The effect of setting any server control's Visible property to False is
to prevent that control from being rendered on the client.

You will need to use a client-side solution for this, perhaps a css
class:

.invisible {display:none}
asp:Label id="lblMin_Value" CssClass="invisible" runat="server" Text=

rockdale

Brilliant.

I came with
<asp:TemplateColumn ItemStyle-CssClass="invisible"
FooterStyle-CssClass="invisible" HeaderStyle-CssClass="invisible"
ItemStyle-Width=0>

and it works perfect

Thank you very much
-rockdale