Datagrid is not visible at design time when placed in/on a Multipa

Craig

Hi
I have placed a datagrid on a multipage control but it is not visible at design time. At runtime it works fine.
To work with the datagrid I have to move it to another area on the page temporarily.

Any suggestions?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Craig,

As for the DataGrid's displaying problem in webform's design view when
nested in a MultiPage control's PageView, I've also done some tests and it
seems that this is a existing behavior of the PageView control element. In
fact, the problem also occur on other template databinding controls such as
Repeater , DataList... And currently we need to move it outside the
PageView element to see its designView.
Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Graig,

I think this is more specified to the webcontrol. Also, not only with the
MultiPage's PageView control , I've checked its source code and there
hasn't been any particular code or attribute for the designtime setting. So
the problem is likely due to the collaboration with the PageView and the
Template DataBound controls together on design-time enviroment . Anyway,
I'm sorry for any inconvenience it bring to you.
Thanks for your understanding.