Datagrid & Javascript

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Andre, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Andre

    Andre Guest

    Hi,

    I need some (maybe more) help with my code.

    The problem is :

    I use a Datagrid to display some product choice to our customer. On each
    line a have a checkbox to select the product. But the problem is here.

    - When the customers arrive, only the first checkbox is Enabled, and
    if they chose the first product all the other become Enabled.
    - On another page, when the customer select the first and at least 2
    others product i display a table (hidden) with some "additional" product to
    select

    Everything work fine, with Autopostback set to true on my checkbox, but
    the problem is that each time a customer check a checkbox the code is sent
    to the server, and back to the browser. So to manage all the product and
    checkbox, the customer will load a huge amount of page.

    So did someone know a place where i can find some example, tutorial
    where they explain how to manage a datagrid, checkbox with javascript (is it
    possible ?) for a javascript newbie.

    Thank you.

    Andre, Feb 20, 2004

    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
    Got tidbits? Get it here...
    http://tinyurl.com/3he3b

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Mar 2, 2004

  3. Andre

    Andre Guest

    no, the problem still present.

    Andre, Mar 2, 2004
  4. > > > So did someone know a place where i can find some example,
    tutorial
    > > > where they explain how to manage a datagrid, checkbox with javascript

    > (is
    > > it
    > > > possible ?) for a javascript newbie.

    you can start here for a tutorial