Datagrid larger numbered pages not working

Andrea Williams

I didn't recieve any information to help me before so I'm posting this again
with edits...

I have a datagrid that only shows 2 items per page. The page numbers appear
at the bottome of each page for the user to page through the list. It shows
1 through 10 and the links for pages 1 through 10 work properly.

After the "10" link there is a "..." link. If I click the "..." link I can
see
page numbers 11 through 20 and another "..." link. My basic problem is
that these pages don't show the correct information. If I click the link
for "12", then the page goes to page "3" instead of "12". So basically,
it's treating the link as 1 through 10 instead of 11 through 20.

Also, I click the next "..." link, it sends me back to the first 1 through
10 pages instead of 21 through 30. I know there are enough items that
34 pages should show up.

Code to change the page is as follows:

private void DataGrid1_PageIndexChanged(object source,
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridPageChangedEventArgs e)

{

this.DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex;

if (this.mdsDataSource != null) //Makes sure the dataset is still
available to the page

this.DataGrid1.DataBind(); //Rebinds the dataset to the datagrid

}

Elton Wang

DataGrid1.DataBind() is not re-bind data source.
datagrid.DataBind() itself is only processing after data
binding. Following code shows data binding:

DataGrid1.DataSource = dataset; //or datatable, dataview
DataGrid1.DataBind();

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)

Andrea Williams

That is not the problem, even if I add the line you are talking about, the
pages numbered 11 and above do not work even though the pages numbered 1
through 10 do work.

Any other ideas?

Andrea

Elton Wang

Could you show more your code, such as HTML, data source

Elton Wang

Andrea Williams

DOH! I found the problem! Stupid coding issue... I added a line for
debugging at one point and forgot to remove it. My bad!

Thanks for your help!

Andrea