DataGrid LinkButton Not Firing

Glenn Owens

OK, this should be simple but...

I have a dynamically created DataGrid (which is a Composite Server
Control that I've written - inheriting from the
System.Web.UI.Webcontrols.DataGrid). The grid has been populated
exclusively with template columns. One of the columns is a LinkButton.
I want to be able to detect when the user selects the DataGridItem
(row) and what item (row) has been selected. Subsequently I want to
raise a new event to the page containing my server control.

When I press the LinkButton it doesn't fire the ItemCommand event (or
any other event that I try to handle). I can pick up the linkbutton
control in the LoadPostData (I'm implementing IPostBackDataHandler).
So, I know that the control is there and is recognized.

I know that I did this before in VS.Net 1.0. But everything I try in
1.1 doesn't get me any closer to being able to fire the event.

Thanks in advance for your input!!!

Glenn