datagrid loading through javascript? or at least after page loads?

Antonio

Hi, we are trying to create a page for our users that contains a lot of
data. One datagrid loads very slow because the query behind it is
complex. We would like to load up the page to the user with the
information that returns fast right away and let the data grid take
it's time to load (about 10 seconds). But we don't want the user to
have to click something after the page loads to start the query . we
want the page_load event to start everything. i have one idea with
using frames and setting the source of the frame inset page to another
page that has a spinning graphic, then in that inset page's body onload
event, calling my page with the datagrid. that would work, but I
wonder if there is an easier way? or is there any 3rd party datagrid
controls that allow the page to load fully and then load with
javascript?

thanks!