Datagrid : massive headings when no data to display

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bazza Formez, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Bazza Formez

    Bazza Formez Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm new to this... This is a visual formatting problem.

    I have two web forms that relate to each other in a master / child type
    manner.
    Select a table row in the datagrid on the master form (Clients), and you are
    redirected to another form showing the children (Client Contacts in this
    case).

    This works fine, until I select a row in master that currently has no
    children. In this case, the child form presents with a very large &
    unappealing header for the grid...

    Any ideas ?

    thanks,

    Bazza

    Bazza Formez, Dec 8, 2004

  2. One of the workarounds that I've always used for this is to remove the
    height value of the datagrid in the property page. This allows it to be
    automatically set, and won't result in that ugly header.

    I'm sure there is a better way to do it, but that's always worked for me.

    Lowell

    Lowell Heddings, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Bazza Formez

    Bazza Formez Guest