datagrid object problem..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rich Buckley, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Rich Buckley

    Rich Buckley Guest

    I am using the datagrid class. I have successfully
    deployed one site based on SqlServer and it works fine.
    The one I am doing now is Access-based and I am getting
    an error doing the insert. I trace through and the last
    set of steps I successfully complete are:

    ' EVENT HANDLER: InitRow
    Public Sub InitRow(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
    e As DataGridInitRowEventArgs)
    e.Row("Jobdescr") = "Replace me"
    End Sub

    Right after this I get the dreaded 80004005

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid CurrentPageIndex
    value. It must be >= 0 and < the PageCount.]

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.CreateControlHierarchy
    (Boolean useDataSource)
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding
    (EventArgs e)
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind()
    BWSLib.MyPage.UpdateDataView() in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Jobtime4\TestEditableGrid.vb:71
    BWSLib.MyPage.OnInsert(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Jobtime4\TestEditableGrid.vb:158
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs
    e)

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBa
    ckEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent
    (IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String
    eventArgument)
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent
    (NameValueCollection postData)
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    What can this be? I haven't even gotten to my Insert
    command yet...

    Thanks,

    Rich
    Rich Buckley, Aug 19, 2003