Datagrid or Datalist with Lookup Tables

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Demetri, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Demetri

    Demetri Guest

    I have two tables in sql server. Customer and State. Of
    course the Customer table has data about the customer
    such as name, address, and phone number. It also has a
    field called state_id. The state table has all the state
    names and abbreviations, as well as the state_id field.

    I have populated a dataset with the customer information.
    I have also populated the same dataset with the state
    information.

    The datagrid's datasource is the dataset which has the
    two tables, Customer and State.

    The datagrid has a template column in order to have not
    the state_id displayed but rather the state name.

    Here is where I am stuck. I can get the datagrid to show
    the customer information when I call the databind method.
    However, I can not for the life of me get it to show the
    state name for each customer record.

    Any idea how to do this? I am taking a visual approach,
    using VS.Net's integrated drag drop capabilities for the
    data adapters and dataset objects.

    Demetri, Oct 15, 2003