DataGrid paging-- OnItemCommand not respecting page number?

Steve Hershoff

Hi everyone,

I'm using the paging feature in the DataGrid class for the first time, and
am having some trouble.

I have an asp button column in the DataGrid, and when I click on it my
OnItemCommand function fires just fine-- but for some reason the
DataGridCommandEventArgs parameter always thinks it's on the first page.

Say, for instance, I'm on page 33 of my DataGrid and I click the button
column in one of the records. The DataGridCommandEventArgs parameter, which
I call "e", should a value of 222 in cell[0]. Instead, I get a value of
111, which is the value from the corresponding record on page #1.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm letting the DataGrid handle the gritty
details itself--no custom paging from me-- yet the value of
e.Item.Cells[0].Text comes from page #1 no matter what page I'm on. As you
might guess, I'm a newbie when it comes to DataGrid paging so any advice you
have I'd be grateful for. Thanks!