    Can any one suggest me the best way to retreive do this.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Prasad Dannani
    Prasad Dannani, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Prasad Dannani

    Kim Quigley Guest

    Kim Quigley, Jun 7, 2005

  3. This example only works if the start row id is fixed.
    but for me it is not fixed the start & end row ids may vary.
    and the # of records also vary. they may increase or decrease

    Thanks in Advance
    Prasad Danani

    http://www.sqljunkies.com/Article/4D778A1D-0559-4338-9683-11A199553D7C.scuk

    Prasad Dannani, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Prasad Dannani

    Kim Quigley Guest

    What do you mean by fixed row ID? Are you talking about the datagrid row or
    the sql server table?

    I'm also not sure what you mean when you say the number of records may vary.
    Are you talking about how many rows will appear on a page in your datagrid?
    Kim Quigley, Jun 10, 2005
  5. row ID means the ID column value of the sql server table. for example
    EmployeeID in Employee Table

    The number of records in a SQL Server table.

    The users of the application can add/remove the existing users.

    Yes, The rows in the datagrid also change based on selection made the user.

    Prasad Dannani, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Prasad Dannani

    Kim Quigley Guest

    I know what a row ID is, but I'm not sure why you think it's a problem. This
    example creates a temporary table with a column of sequential IDs. And I
    don't think it matters if the records are being modified because each time
    you change the page or add/remove a record, you would rebind your datagrid
    to the results of the stored proc again.

    Kim Quigley, Jun 16, 2005