datagrid paging

ven

hello

i have datagrid who may take data from two sources :

1. dropdown list with categories of items - when client choose category then
items are displayed in datagrid usin select from
2. textbox where user can write a part of item name and all items with part
of word are displayed in datagrid usin select from like

i`m connecting to database only when i`m makin SELECT FROM and return
dataset object....
i can`t make paging with page_load method and static connect to database

how can i make it ?

Ven

ven

i cant do that :

Sub Page_Load(sender as Object, e as EventArgs)
BindData()
End Sub

because my datagrid is empty on start, and now i choose category and it`s
filled with items rows
and i wanna paging now