Datagrid, posted data, and viewstate size

rgouge

I have a datagrid on a page .. which can be very large .. a couple of
hundred rows and 20 columns. Some of the columns are custom templates
allowing the user to enter in text or select a checkbox .. since there are
several postbacks while interacting with the page .. reducing the viewstate
size is important. I've thought about setting the viewstate to false on the
grid and rebinding on a postback but how would I go about capturing the data
posted back to accurately update a copy of the dataset on the server which
is bound to the grid.

Randall