DataGrid Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Stephen Noronha, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I am new to webservice. I have created a .asmx webservice and have a
    SqlConnection and used a SqlDataAdapter to retrieve data from the database.
    I have 2 web methods to select and Update. I have a web client .aspx page in
    which I have a datagrid control to display data based on selection from a
    dropdownlist. I have used datagrid Propery Builder to enable the Edit,
    Update, Cancel button.

    I have used the following code to bind data from the dataset.
    dim dsNew as new dataset()
    dsNew.merge(ds.tables(0).select("au_id = '" & value from dropdownlist &
    "'"))
    datagrid1.datasource = dsNew
    datagrid1.databind()

    problems:
    1. the datagrid shows "Edit" button along the left column. when I click on
    it, it shows the grid again but with 2 additional columns "HasRowErrors" and
    "HasColumnErrors"
    2. I have no idea even if (problem 1) is solved, How will I capture the
    changes made to the "dsNew" dataset merge with "ds" dataset so that I can
    update changes to the database.

    I have also tried this with DataView but problem 2 still arises.

    Please Do help,
    Stephen.

    Stephen Noronha, Jan 28, 2004