DataGrid Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Josema, May 4, 2005.

  1. Josema

    Josema Guest

    Hi,

    I have a DataGrid that its filled from a DataTable.

    this datagrid has autogeneratecolumns=true cause this datatable could have
    different number of columns.

    My problem its that:

    I need that the first column be a link button column.

    What its the best way to implement it?, i only imagine that i can derive
    from DataGrid Class. Passing to a method of this grid class derived, the
    datatable.
    this way, depending of the columns of the datatable, i can add to the grid,
    the columns in execution time.

    Its this a good solution?
    There is any easier?

    --
    Thanks
    Regards.

    Josema, May 4, 2005

  2. Josema

    Brock Allen Guest

    You can have manually declared columns and also have AutoGenerateColumns
    enabled.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen