Datagrid Rec Field Validator!!

Adam Knight

Hi all,

I have a asp:required field validator in a datagrid footer containing a
textbox control. (To add new row)
I have an issue in that while the footer is hidden and not required it is
cause 'Page Validator' not defined javascript errors when any unrelated link
buttons are clicked.

I have tried setting the enabled property to false, but that had no effect.
When i have the datagrid footer displayed no errors occur. But that kind of
spoils everything i am out to achieve.

Any Suggestions!!
AK

Peter Blum

There is a bug in the DataGrid that affects controls which output javascript
when they are placed into the footer (or header) and that part is invisible.
You must set the Visible property on your control to false when the footer
is also invisible. (You were close - setting Enabled to false. Switch to
setting Visible=false)

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)