Datagrid Return the 1st row Only

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Hoodworld, Jun 12, 2005.

  1. Hoodworld

    Hoodworld Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a ASP.Net application written in C# with the use of Visual Studio
    2003. When I develop and test the application in my company using ASP.Net
    Framework 1.4.33.2 in Windows XP Enterprise Standard Edition and Windows XP
    Professional, the datagrid control can return all records. When I deploy all
    the files to the client and run it, the datagrid returns the 1st row of the
    whole recordset.

    I tried different methods to solve the problem and finally found that if I
    decrease the number of columns in the datagrid, the result can be displayed
    normally. The problem datagrid contains about 25 -30 columns. It works when
    I drease the # of columns to about 10.

    I suspect that there is a limited size for each .Net page to display. Is
    there anyone know how to solve the problem?

    Black

    Hoodworld, Jun 12, 2005

  2. Hoodworld

    Elton Wang Guest

    Hi Black,

    You mentioned you developed an ASP.NET application, so I suppose it's a Web
    application. However, you also said you deploy all
    the files to the client and run it. It's very confused. I don't understand
    why do you need to deploy any file for a Web application? Or it's a windows
    (desktop) application?

    Elton Wang

    Elton Wang, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Hoodworld

    Hoodworld Guest

    Hi Wang,

    Sorry for confusing you.

    It's a web application written in C#.
    My "Deploy" means transfering the web application files to the client's
    server.

    I try the install the application in different platforms including Windows
    2003 Standard Edition and Windows 2003 SBS in our client and both platforms
    has the datagrid problem.

    Hoodworld, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Hoodworld

    Black Guest

    I found the answer.

    It's because the stored proc is not updated yet. There may be some mismatch
    in datagrid's fields.

    --
    Kenneth Ho
    IT Department Ltd.