Datagrid Return the 1st row Only

Hoodworld

Hi All,

I have a ASP.Net application written in C# with the use of Visual Studio
2003. When I develop and test the application in my company using ASP.Net
Framework 1.4.33.2 in Windows XP Enterprise Standard Edition and Windows XP
Professional, the datagrid control can return all records. When I deploy all
the files to the client and run it, the datagrid returns the 1st row of the
whole recordset.

I tried different methods to solve the problem and finally found that if I
decrease the number of columns in the datagrid, the result can be displayed
normally. The problem datagrid contains about 25 -30 columns. It works when
I drease the # of columns to about 10.

I suspect that there is a limited size for each .Net page to display. Is
there anyone know how to solve the problem?

Black

Elton Wang

Hi Black,

You mentioned you developed an ASP.NET application, so I suppose it's a Web
application. However, you also said you deploy all
the files to the client and run it. It's very confused. I don't understand
why do you need to deploy any file for a Web application? Or it's a windows
(desktop) application?

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)

Hoodworld

Hi Wang,

Sorry for confusing you.

It's a web application written in C#.
My "Deploy" means transfering the web application files to the client's
server.

I try the install the application in different platforms including Windows
2003 Standard Edition and Windows 2003 SBS in our client and both platforms
has the datagrid problem.

Black

I found the answer.

It's because the stored proc is not updated yet. There may be some mismatch
in datagrid's fields.

--
Kenneth Ho
IT Department Ltd.