DataGrid Select Button Event not fired

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by sathya, Oct 20, 2005.

  1. sathya

    sathya Guest

    hi all,

    i am creating datagrid , i have added button column in my datagrid ,but
    the event for button column is not fired.

    i have added buttoncolumn to datagrid as shown below:

    ButtonColumn bs = new ButtonColumn();
    bs.Text = "select";
    bs.ButtonType = ButtonColumnType.PushButton;
    DataGrid1.Columns.Add(bs);

    i have also writted eventhandler function to handle the click of
    button as shown:

    private void ds_ItemCommand(object source, DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
    {
    Page.Response.Write("Test");
    }

    but the event is nor fired...
    please help me in this regard
    thanks in advance.

    regards

    sathya narayanan v

    sathya, Oct 20, 2005

  2. I think the button column will hook up to it's own event handler.

    bs_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {

    //Code Here

    }

    Mark Fruhling, Oct 21, 2005