datagrid size changing

Charlie Smith

I am using a datatgrid to return search results from indexing services
on a web site. The problem is that the width of the datatgrid changes
from page to page. The cause is the link to the document on the site
does not wrap, making the grid wider than it should be in some cases.

I have set the width of the datagrid, the items, etc. but if the link
text is too long to fit in the specified width the datagid just
expands to accomodate the link text.

This looks really bad, does anyone have an idea how to deal with this
or do I need to get rid of the datagrid control?

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie Smith

From all I have learned this is "by design" for datagrid. The only
workaround I found was an ugly one (cause both horizontal and vertical
scroll bars to appear around the datagrid)

The answer I finally adopted was to do away with the link element and
use the title as the connecting link to the file. This actually
turned out to be the best answer all round because it maintains my
desired look but still provides the functionality.

Charlie