Datagrid slow down after initial post

Dan

Hey guys

I am finding with all my data grids that after the inital binding of it,
which is fast and fine, that if i then rebind to it that it takes double the
time. Almost like it is binding it twice and i am unsure why? Any ideas? For
example i have a button that on clicking binds the grid with 100 records,
click it again to bind the same data and it takes double the time?

Guest

If this is read only, turn off ViewState for the Grid. The slowness is most
likely due to clearing out ViewState and repopulating with the new data. That
would be my first guess, at least.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA