Datagrid table display method

csgraham74

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could help me.

I have a datagrid that displays client data A & B. If client data A is
displayed then i display an image and some data in the table in my
grid.

If client data b is displayed the image is not displayed and i display
slightly different data in my table in my datagrid.

The information is bound to my datagrid using the following method
Databinder.eval(Container.DataItem, "name") etc..

the problem that i have is that i want to display both clients
datatypes A & B in the same table e.g. all A types at the top of the
grid then all the B types directly below them and i want to use one
datagrid. How to i change the HTML to display both types ?????

Any helkp appreciated

CG

Eliyahu Goldin

Make an item template that will cater for both datatypes. Handle
ItemDataBound event and for every data item show/hide controls in the
template depending on the datatype.

csgraham74

thanks for the help

I actually ended up writing a function that response.writes the table
structure in text back to the html page. i dont think this is the most
economical way of doing this but it works and the project is quite
small so il probably leave it at that.

Thanks

Colin

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could help me.

I have a datagrid that displays client data A & B. If client data A is
displayed then i display an image and some data in the table in my
grid.

If client data b is displayed the image is not displayed and i display
slightly different data in my table in my datagrid.

The information is bound to my datagrid using the following method
Databinder.eval(Container.DataItem, "name") etc..

the problem that i have is that i want to display both clients
datatypes A & B in the same table e.g. all A types at the top of the
grid then all the B types directly below them and i want to use one
datagrid. How to i change the HTML to display both types ?????

Any helkp appreciated

CG

Eliyahu Goldin

Ok, the first rule of software engineering is not to touch what works:)

Anyway, for your next task note, that asp.net is object-oriented. That is
you operate on objects and properties rather than programming action
procedures.