DataGrid Template Controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JimB, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. JimB

    JimB Guest

    Hello All,

    I posted this yesterday with no response . There must be
    a datagrid expert somewhere!!!

    This is my problem. I have a datagrid with some columns
    the first being and ID column, the next column is text, a
    question, the third is a template colum(ItemTemplate).
    The template is a radiobuttonlist with 3 values, 1)Yes, 2)
    No, 3)N/A.
    This is what I need to accomplish.
    1.) Collect the value of the radiobutton selected for each
    row in the grid along with it's corresponding ID(column 1).
    2.) If the useser selects "Yes" in the template column,
    pop_up another window with more questions and collect
    answers to then and their ID value.

    The problem is that I can't get an event to fire when the
    radio button is clicked. I tried the "ItemCommand"
    eventbut that only works for buttons, linked buttons and
    hyperlinks. Is there a way to do what I want to do?
    Please help!!!!! Thanks...... Jim

    JimB, Nov 6, 2003

  2. JimB

    Hermit Dave Guest

    Hey Jim,
    There's a property definied for checkbox called
    OnCheckedChanged try something like this from within html
    page of the aspx file
    OnCheckedChanged="javascript:loadOption('Yes')" within
    the checkbox asp.net web server control.
    I have previously created my own events on control and
    bound them to javascript executed events... so hopefully
    this will work. Haven't tried it as such so good luck
    hunting

    Hermit Dave

    Hermit Dave, Nov 25, 2003