Datagrid to Excel Export Problem while adding summation values

Sudhakar

We are getting a strange problem in exporting data grid to excel.

We have a data grid in hand with basic data bounded to it and adding some summary data as DataGridItems rows at particular levels in datagrid (summation values)

When we export the grid to excel using the following code

Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel";
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=ProductVersionSummaryReport.xls");
Response.Charset = "";
System.IO.StringWriter tw = new System.IO.StringWriter();
System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter hw = new HtmlTextWriter(tw);
hw.RenderBeginTag(System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriterTag.Html);
reportGrid.RenderControl(hw);
hw.RenderEndTag();
Response.Write(tw);
Response.End();

This code is able to export the grid successfully to excel format except the summation rows….
It is able to create rows, columns (cells at exact location) but not able to display data in those cells.

What could be the mistake in this code?

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

typically, your summary rows occur in a footer which you build out in
itemdatabound. Is this the case? If it is, when you export it, it will not
be present in the dataset unless you manually add this final row to the
dataset.