Datagrid update command

Guest

Helo All,
If some one has faced a similar issue..
My datagrid Update command is not getting fired in fact it seems that the no
event fires on clicking the update link. Although the cancel and the Edit
Commmand are getting fired properly.

The One difference I have seen is that in the task bar ..on hovering on the
link the javascript for the update link seems different. I dont know if it
makes sense..

Edit Button : javascript:__doPostBack('DataGrid1$_ctl7$_ctl3','')
Cancel buton : javascript:__doPostBack('DataGrid1$_ctl7$_ctl0','')
Update button :
javascript:{if%20(typeof(Page_ClientValidate)%20!=%20'function'%20||%20%20Page_ClientValidate())%20__doPostBack('DataGrid1$_ctl7$_ctl2','')}

I have in the datagrid code OnUpdateCommand="DataGrid1_UpdateCommand"
and in Code behind..
Public Sub DataGrid1_UpdateCommand(ByVal source As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles
DataGrid1.UpdateCommand

Cheers,
siaj