DataGrid - Vertical/Horizontal scroll

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sumit, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. sumit

    sumit Guest

    Hi,
    I made a data grid vertically as well as horizontal
    scrollable as number of columns are very large!!

    But when i scroll horizontally then header is not visible
    as it also gets scrolled up,,so to tackle this i made a
    different data grid having only header as the row and the
    other datagrid contains the actual data for it,,

    Due to this vertical scrolling problem goes as i have put
    second data grid in <div/> tag and upper data grid is
    outside the <div/> tag. But horizontal scrolling for lower
    data grid doesnot cause horizontal scrolling of upper data
    grid which contains header for lower data grid contains!!

    User has this requirement as urgent one,,Urgent response
    is really helpful to me,,

    Thanks

    sumit, Nov 16, 2003

  2. sumit

    Vapor Guest

    Don't do it that way because it won't look professional. The header and the
    body start to misalign when the body information changes. Either buy a
    component here is one: http://www.makeitscroll.com/
    or have a look at Dino Esposito's november publication of Freeze the Header
    Scroll the Grid published in aspnet pro magazine. I had a copy and a link,
    can't find it now. But he put the code out on the web so you should not have
    difficulty finding it. It does have issues as well FYI

    regards

    --

    -----------
    Got TidBits?

    Vapor, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Hi,
    Please send me that copy/code because i dont have subscription for that
    magazine!! and it is urgent needed as per customer requirement!! Also i
    couldnot find the code on the web!
    It would be really great if you can send it!!

    My E-mail id is also to

    Thanks,
    Sumit

    sumit acharya, Nov 17, 2003
  4. sumit

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    A scolding first: The point of providing code in such excellent articles is
    to encourage you to subscribe to the magazine. It's a good magazine you
    should have your manager subscribe to it that way the group can benefit from
    it and you won't have to foot the bill.

    The sample code is available for download to asp.netpro subscribers at
    www.aspnetpro.com/download.

    I won't type it out for you because the code is spread over 5 pages and I
    really don't have that much free time. If you insist, you can ask Dino
    Esposito himself for the code: He wrote it
    .

    regards

    Alvin Bruney, Nov 18, 2003