datagrid viewstate and performance

Guest

Hi,

I have a datagrid which could contain a large volume of data
I want to be able to highlight a row and click a calculate button.
Obviously the calculate button will cause a form postback and
reload all the data.
Saving the viewstate could also cause performance problems as it could
be large.

Is there any way I could on postback keep the data there but just change the
data on the row im on. Client callback feature in ASP 2 is not an option at
the moment

TIA

Stu

Eliyahu Goldin

Stu,

Are you sure you need to postback? Can't you calculate on the client?

Eliyahu

Guest

it needs to call a web service calculator and update the database so it can
display new values on
the screen