Datagrid with new column for each row in databtable - is it possible?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by James Radke, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. James Radke

    James Radke Guest

    Hello,

    I am creating an asp.net web page (using VB.NET) and would like to have the
    following format:

    column 1 column 2 column 3 ....

    Lane 1 2
    Width xx xx
    Yards xx xx
    Breaks xx xx
    QC (dropdownlist) (list) (list)
    RC (dropdownlist) (list) (list)

    Each time I select a series to display, there can be 1 to (xx) lanes to be
    displayed (I plan on putting the control within a DIV with the width set to
    allow a scroll.....).

    What I want to know, is if there a way to create a datagrid (or other .net
    control such as repeater / datalist) that will allow me to dynamically
    create a new COLUMN for each row of data in my table versus creating a new
    row for each row of data in the table as the datagrid currently does so I
    can create such a display?

    If there is, does anyone have any examples to share?

    Thanks!

    Jim

    James Radke, Dec 8, 2003

  2. James Radke