DataGrid_ItemDataBound

Guest

hey all,

i was just wondering about ItemDataBound (and the other similar events
ItemCommand for that matter), I notice that in my brief experience that these
procedures can get pretty lengthy.

What are some of you out there to keep things organized since so many
different scenarios can happen. Is it possible to have additional handlers?
if so how would that look or work?

thanks,
rodchar

Nathan Sokalski

Well, first of all I haven't seemed to notice them getting that long, but
maybe that's just because what I want my code to do isn't as complex as what
you want yours to do. Anyway, what I would suggest as a way of keeping
things organized would be to break it down into several procedures that are
called from ItemDataBound. For example, you might want to create a procedure
for each field used in the databinding. I might be able to make a few more
suggestions if you told me what is making ItemDataBound so long or showed me
the code (it's possible that there is a quicker method of achieving what you
want). Good Luck!