DataGridView / Generics

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by BJF, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. BJF

    BJF Guest

    If some would help - I'm trying to use a List<MyClass> collection as the
    datasource for a DataGridView in a Windows form, and I can't find good
    enough instructions. I'll be happy with either some 'how-to' steps, or a
    point at the right documentation.

    I've gotten as far as creating my class, creating a List collection of
    objects of my class (using generics), and pointing the DataGridView to the
    object of type MyClass). All the right columns show up, so I'm apparently
    on the right track.

    The next step in my documentation says to create a DataConnector object via
    drag/drop from the ToolBox. I have no such control in my ToolBox, and I
    don't see one listed in either Help or the Object Browser. How do I connect
    my DataGridView control to the collection?

    Thanks,

    Ben

    BJF, Dec 2, 2005