DataGridView Scrollbars missing

dbuchanan

Hello,

My dataGridView is configured with the "ScrollBars" set to both.

When the form is displayed no scroll bars appear. Therefore I don't
have access to the columns beyond the right side of the window!

If I set the property in code "dgv.ScrollBars = ScrollBars.Both" The
scroll bars *still* don't appear.

What's up? They used to appear.

How can I get the scroll bars back?

Thank you,
dbuchanan

dbuchanan

I discovered when, by not why I lost the scroll bars.

I discovered this by restoring a backup and going forward with my
recent changes. When I added a new column to the dgv the scroll bars
disappeared from the dgv on the form design surface.

The reason I added the new column was because the underlying source
table had a column added so I updated the dataset and then went on to
update the datagrid view.

I need to know. How do I restore the scroll bar to the dgv?

dbuchanan

Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Solution of Scroll Bar missing

Hello,
dbuchanan. i was facing same problem as with you and spend my 6 hrs to resolve it.perhaps you will also get solution try the following thing:

1. In DataGridView properties there is a 'Enable' option under Behaviour title which is by default 'TRUE' but if you changed it FALSE then it makes problem in disappearing Scroll Bar.
2. The second reason may be if you had used dataGrid View over panel then make make panel AutoScroll 'TRUE' under Layout.I had tested it for charts scroll bar but may be it is applicable for DataGridView also.

All the Best
AMRITA VISHNOI

dbuchanan said:
Hello,

My dataGridView is configured with the "ScrollBars" set to both.

When the form is displayed no scroll bars appear. Therefore I don't
have access to the columns beyond the right side of the window!

If I set the property in code "dgv.ScrollBars = ScrollBars.Both" The
scroll bars *still* don't appear.

What's up? They used to appear.

How can I get the scroll bars back?

Thank you,
dbuchanan

Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
anchor

I had same problem and fixed by changing anchor of datagridview from top,bottom,left,right to top,left, rebuilt, then back to top,bottom,left,right and rebuild... it's back! guess it reset something