DataItem = Nothing in DotNetNuke

Pierre Dippenaar

I recently installed DotNetNuke and started using it and it's
framework. One thing I have a problem with is that the CBO functions
(FillCollection) returns ArrayLists and this is then bound to
DataGrids etc. When you then access the DataGrid Commands there are no
value in e.Item.DataItem. What I would like to do in the ItemDataBound
Sub, is the following:

Dim dr As DataRowView = CType(e.Item.DataItem, DataRowView)
Dim ddlType As DropDownList
ddlType = CType(e.Item.FindControl("ddlType"), DropDownList)
ddlType.Items.FindByValue(dr("Type")).Selected = True

This works when you bind a DataTable to a grid but not with an
ArrayList.

Can anyone please help?

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

try asking at the dotnetnuket group at www.asp.net forums