DataList Alternate Item, alternating only color.

craigkenisston

Is that possible ? Choose alternate item, just to change color, I mean,
not having to totally copy all the item content in both the Item and
the AlternateItem.
I tried to do this by adding a div with different background color, but
the DataList acts like if that code were not there.

craigkenisston

I found that using :

<AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="Gainsboro">
</AlternatingItemStyle>

Works as expected and do what I wanted.
But I can't find where to assign the color in the designer. Of course I
can type it, no problem about it, but I thought I could see the
property in some place in design time.
So, I'm a little lost on the Visual Studio IDE.