DataList editing

Etienne Tremblay

Hi, I'm currently trying to implement editing in a simple
Datalist displaying news on my site. I did everything
the walkthrought of microsoft said to do, but it doesn't
seem to work.

Just for a matter of debugguing, I maintained a list of
what event is called in a session variable because I lost
way to much time on this and wanted to know what was
happening... When I press an Edit or Select button in my
<ItemTemplate>, the event is called and my item goes in
editing selected mode... But then, any button I press in
my <EditItemTemplate>, no event is raised... The
page_load event occurs and then nothing... Even the
itemCommand event is not raised.

My viewstate is enabled, I rebind my datalist after
pressing edit or select, but my update or cancel events
(or any other CommandName I tried) will never trigger any
ItemCommand or any other event at all.

I can post my code if necessary, but it's pretty long.

Thanks!

Etienne

Simon Gorski

Hello etienne,
Etienne Tremblay said:
[...]

Have you set the ItemCommand to the datalist?

Sometimes, when you change something in the code, the datalist lost the
itemCommand - Event!

mfg simon g.