DataList example from Prosise yields no output - don't know why

Richard Lionheart

Hi All,

I took the code from Prosise's DataList example and copied judiciously (I
think) into a new WebForm application. I got only a blank user page as
output. I set breakpoints on statements in the Page_Load but none of them
fired. Below is the code from WebForm1.aspx. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="TestRepeaterControls.WebForm1" %>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>WebForm1</title>
</HEAD>
<asp:Repeater ID="MyRepeater" RunAt="server">
<ItemTemplate>
<%# Container.DataItem %>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>
</form>
</HTML>

<script language="C#" runat="server">
void Page_Load (Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (!IsPostBack)
{
string[] beatles = { "John", "Paul", "George", "Ringo" };
MyRepeater.DataSource = beatles;
MyRepeater.DataBind ();
</script>

Richard Lionheart

Sorry Folks,

I misspoke: I said I took the code from Prosise's DataList example. In
fact, I took it from the Repeater example. Nevertheless, I think what I
created should have resulted in some data in the output user window.

There is one thing that might be a problem. I'm running WinXP/SP2 and some
examples I created have lead to a security warning in a bar at the top of
the screen. I didn't see that with this example.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Lionheart

Hi Onin,

That did it! Many thanks. I've got a different problem with the DataList
example, but I'' start a separate thread for it. Meanwhile I'll hunt for
documentation on AutoEventWireup.

Regards,
Richard