DataList in DataList

acko bogicevic

Hi
I have a problem something like this
I want to show in datalist customers but below to show orders for
customer.

I created datalist control and inside it i have to label for CustomerID
and CompanyName and bind these labels without problems to dataset. But I
do not know what to do next. Can i put the other data list in the first
or something else and how can i bind it.
Thanks a lot
Alex

Kaustav Neogy

Hi Alex,

you can achieve this either using a datagrid within a
datagrid or a datalist within a datalist. Either ways, you
need to create a template column in a datagrid/datalist
which would further have a datagrid/datalist that displays
the child records.

You may check out the following links -

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutorial/ShowContent.aspx?
cg=841522c9-ffbd-4c57-bd48-f62b55057ff3&forumid=4117

http://www.aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=21&pId=

HTH.

Kaustav Neogy.