DataList ItemIndex.

Adam Knight

Hi all,

I have asked this question previously, but haven't recieved an adequate
answer.
I am wanting to output a datalist ItemIndex in a page.

I know to display a data item i using <%# DataItem("mycolumn")%> and i know
how to append variables.

What i am missing, is how to retrieve a DataLists ItemIndex within a page..
Ie: <%# ?? What goes here in my page to output datalists ItemIndex ??%>

Cheers,
Adam

intrader

Hi all,

I have asked this question previously, but haven't recieved an adequate
answer.
I am wanting to output a datalist ItemIndex in a page.

I know to display a data item i using <%# DataItem("mycolumn")%> and i know
how to append variables.

What i am missing, is how to retrieve a DataLists ItemIndex within a page..
Ie: <%# ?? What goes here in my page to output datalists ItemIndex ??%>

Cheers,
Adam
You can use the DataSetIndex or the ItemIndex in the ItemDataBound event,
or you can develop your own.

For a good article:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/PrettyDatagrids.asp

I hope this helps.