DataList repeat direction and binding to multiple objects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Roman, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Roman

    Roman Guest

    _______________company1_____company2_____companyN
    Description1_____true_________ _true__________true___
    Description2_____true_______ __ true__________false___
    Description3_____true_______ _ _true__________true______
    Description4_____true________ __true__________false_____
    Description5_____true________ __true__________true____

    I am trying to generate a datalist containing checkboxes. A company record
    contains the company name (companyN) and a collection of boolean(checkbox)
    fields. This company information needs to be represented in columns. I
    achieve this by using the RepeatDirection =Vertical property and setting the
    number of columns to the number of records returned from my query.

    In the left most column I need to have a list of descriptions coming from a
    separate datasource. How would I append a column to the left that has a
    different datasource (and datatype String)? I noticed that when I use table
    structure HTML in my datalist the RepeatDirect Fails and it display
    horizontally. How do I have more control in how my checkboxes are displayed
    in the itemtemplates? How do I display a header template? How do I get it
    all to sit neatly in a table format?

    Thanks in advance.

    Roman, Feb 9, 2005