    when viewing a single entry from database (title, text, image, link) isn't
    it a little bit too much to use a Datalist control to databind? Is there
    some other control for a single entry only?

    Daves, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Daves

    Brock Allen Guest

    In ASP.NET 2.0 there's both the DetailsView and FormView. If you're on ASP.NET
    1.x then you'll have to code this yourself.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Daves

    Daves Guest

    thx but the DetailsView seems to only allow a very basic view (field name on
    left, field value on right), not quite what I'd want to view my blog
    entry...

    Daves, Mar 16, 2005
  4. Daves

    Brock Allen Guest

    Sure, but that's why the FormView exists -- use the template to make it look
    exactly the way you want.

    Brock Allen, Mar 16, 2005