Datalist with one entry only - alternative?

Daves

when viewing a single entry from database (title, text, image, link) isn't
it a little bit too much to use a Datalist control to databind? Is there
some other control for a single entry only?

Brock Allen

In ASP.NET 2.0 there's both the DetailsView and FormView. If you're on ASP.NET
1.x then you'll have to code this yourself.

Daves

thx but the DetailsView seems to only allow a very basic view (field name on
left, field value on right), not quite what I'd want to view my blog
entry...

Brock Allen

Sure, but that's why the FormView exists -- use the template to make it look
exactly the way you want.