DataList

vicky via .NET 247

HI
I'm dynammically adding Dropdown list and textbox in a datalist. I have to validate them in the javaScript. can I get the Dropdown list and textbox id in the javascript. if so how?

Thanks in advance
Vicky

Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hi Vicky,

While adding the controls itself you need to attach the javascript with the
controls for doing the validations. you can use the clientID property of the
control from the serverside while attaching javascript, this clientid of the
control will be the id of the control when its rendered to the page.

HTH
Regards
Ashish M Bhonkiya