DataNavigateUrlFormatString

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike P, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Mike P

    Mike P Guest

    Does anyone know if you can pass multiple column parameters in the
    DataNavigateUrlFormatString for grids?

    My current code is like this and works for a single parameter:

    <asp:HyperLinkColumn
    DataTextField="DTOG1"
    DataNavigateURLField="DTOG1"

    DataNavigateUrlFormatString="javascript:var
    NewWin=window.open('digit_translation.aspx?DTOG1={0}',null,'width=800,he
    ight=200,top=100,left=100,scrollbars=no,directories=no,status=no,toolbar
    =no,resizable=no');"
    HeaderText="DTOG1" />

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Cheers,

    Mike

    Mike P, Aug 11, 2003

  2. I posted a solution to this problem in this very same thread.... its called:
    "Use multiple fields for DataNavigateUrlFormatString SOLUTION!"

    You need to use a Template column, which isn't a big deal, unless you need
    to create the column programmatically. However, my solution referenced
    above will let you create the column programmatically.

    Joshua Flanagan, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Mike P

    satheshram

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Field = new BoundField();
    da = new HyperLinkField();
    da.DataTextField = "DeviceAddr";
    da.HeaderText = "Device ID";
    string sa = dbtAvaRoom.SelectedItem.ToString();
    da.DataNavigateUrlFields = new string[] { "DeviceAddr" };
    da.DataNavigateUrlFormatString = "pop.aspx?id= {0}" ;
    Col = da;
    GridView1.Columns.Add(Col);
    satheshram, Oct 10, 2008