DataSet.ReadXml() - Malformed Xml?

George Durzi

If I try to read a CNET.com RSS feed into a DataSet, I get the following
exception

The same table (category) cannot be the child table in two nested relations.

The exception is thrown immediately when I call
myDataSet.ReadXml(http://news.com.com/2547-1_3-0-5.xml);

Is the Xml is the RSS feed malformed?

bruce barker

RSS feed is valid xml, but not valid for a dataset. datasets are stricter
about what xml they will support. you could use xlst to transform the RSS
feed to valid dataset.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| If I try to read a CNET.com RSS feed into a DataSet, I get the following
| exception
|
| The same table (category) cannot be the child table in two nested
relations.

| The exception is thrown immediately when I call
| myDataSet.ReadXml(http://news.com.com/2547-1_3-0-5.xml);
|
| Is the Xml is the RSS feed malformed?

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

George, if you are looking to just display the RSS data in a Web page,
check out my free, open-source RssFeed server control:
http://scottonwriting.net/sowBlog/RssFeed.htm

Even if you need to parse out the RSS and work with it, you could strip
out the code in RssFeed that handles downloading and parsing through the
RSS content. RssFeed supports RSS versions 1.0 and 2.0, btw.

Happy Programming!

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)